Saturday, October 16, 2010

Diving In

Welcome to my first blog!  As many of you know, I am student at SJSU studying hydrogeology in California.  What this really means is I am studying sources and movement of water as surface water (rivers and lakes) and as groundwater.  As the world population continues to grow, so does the strain on our water resources.  Thus, humans and hydrogeology are intertwined.  So, I've made it a goal in my education to focus on water policies in addition to the science behind our water resources.  I am currently taking a water policy class at SJSU, and our main project is to participate!  Lo and behold - a participation blog!

Throughout the next few months, I am aiming to educate myself about water in several ways.  I am initially going to tackle water around the home - my husband and I are moving to a house where we will pay for our own water, unlike the apartment we were in previously.  Here, I will focus on conservation.  I also aim to participate in community-related water issues by volunteering and attending city council meetings.  Finally, with elections quickly approaching, I aim to learn about the current water issues and water district candidates.

My initial goal is to educate myself, but I hope I can educate and inspire others to become more involved in water where they live.  Remember, water doesn't just magically appear at your tap...

 (Whew - first blog down)

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Sarah! I'm actually giddy with excitement that you have a blog. Looking forward to reading.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! will be linking to you on my blog if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I hope you enjoy what you read, and maybe you can add insight from Arid Australia!

    I plan on adding pictures one day. :)

    ReplyDelete